I was looking for a fresh salad that was different from my typical leafy greens and this IS IT!
Definitely the perfect salad to accompany any hot day! This feel-good salad is energizing, crisp and very satisfying – and most importantly, it’s quick and easy to prepare!!
The texture is cool and refreshing on the taste buds – the cucumber and radish make the salad extra crunchy for those crunch lovers out there. The fresh mint compliments the already clean and crisp taste. The shredded carrot and crumbled feta atop the salad brings everything together and adds more substance to the salad helping you feel full.
I always aim to use the freshest ingredients that I can get my hands on. Luckily enough I had the cucumber and mint picked straight from the backyard garden which helped make this salad a flavour haven.
Prep time: 10 mins Serves 2-3
- 1 cucumber (thin skinned, non-bitter), sliced thin
- 2-3 red radishes, sliced thin
- 1/4 carrot, shredded
- 10 fresh mint leaves, sliced thin
- 2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 ½ tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp pink himalayan salt, or to taste
- 1/8 tsp black pepper, freshly ground
- 1/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
- In a medium-sized bowl, gently toss together the sliced cucumbers, red radishes, and mint leaves. Sprinkle with vinegar and toss to coat ingredients.
- Right before serving drizzle with olive oil, salt and pepper, and toss to coat ingredients.
- On serving dish, sprinkle with crumbled feta cheese and shredded carrot.